Wednesday, May 27, 2009

No Pink Floyd ?


Last week while working in San Antonio, several of us gathered outside one evening. As we sat around with our ice chests full of beer, The Squirrel opened the doors of his truck and played a CD. I loved it. It was a live recording of AC/DC. The music sounded great even through his P.O.S. speakers.

Life should have a continuing soundtrack.

I like many types of music but as a musician myself, I tend to prefer live music the best. While growing up in Shrevesville, I attended many concerts. I have been to a couple of outdoor concerts as well. I am working on a blog to detail some of those.

One of my pastimes is to create compilation cds. I usually give them away. This time I put one together I am particularly proud of. It is kick ass rock and roll.

I chose each track carefully. Each one is a classic and each one will get your toes tapping. It is the perfect CD for setting around and drinking beer and raising hell. I know one could contest me as to the merits of other tunes that should have been added here. The fact is the CD is limited to 79 minutes so I had to make some "hard" and difficult choices. Several tracts were added and later removed until I found the perfect ones. I even had to delete a couple of Roger Waters/David Gilmour tunes. There are a total of 13 tracks and only one of them is not a live recording. Most recordings were made at least 20 years ago.

I am listing the tracks, artists and the albums they came from, in this blog. If any of my faithful readers wants me to burn them one, all you need to do is ask for one by writing it on a hundred dollar bill and sending it to the Brew Chronicles. Or I guess you could just ask me for one. But if I do give you one you have to play it loud and proud.

Footstompin Music - - Grand Funk Railroad -30 Years of Funk

Paranoid - - Ozzy Osbourne - Live & Loud

Whole Lotta Rosie - - AC/DC - AC/DC Live

Bring It On Home - - Led Zeppelin - The Way The West Was Won

Highway Star - - Deep Purple - Made in Japan

Sultans of Swing -- Dire Straits - Alchemy

Mississippi Queen - - Mountian - Live: King Biscuit Flower Hour

Tom Sawyer -- Rush - Different Stages

American Girl - - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Pack Up the Plantation

Magic Bus -- The Who - Live at Leeds

Gimme Three Steps - - Lynyrd Skynyrd - Gold and Platinum

We Are the Champions - - Queen - Live at Wembley

Livin on the Edge - - Aerosmith - Nine Lives




If it is too loud then you are too old!



Rock On!!!!





The Third

1 comment:

  1. My only comment would be that your Aerosmith selection is well past their prime. To me, almost everything they've put out since Permanent Vacation is pretty much crap.

    I would also have gone with "Princes of the Universe" for Queen, but that may be because I'm in the middle of watching Highlander again.

    ReplyDelete