Thursday, April 8, 2010

Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall....


As I stated earlier one of my best friends came to town and visited me this past weekend. It was nice to see Roger. I do miss the concept of travelling around and seeing the sights, but I realize I miss the friends. (even though there was only one or two of them)

Thinking about it, I realize I have absolutely zero friends nearby. I go to the pub from time to time. Yes I like the beer, but to be honest, I love the conversation. My wife feels as if I ignore her. The fact is she is right. I am looking for a friend. None of the bar flies I have met are what I would consider friends. I mean they do not come by and visit and we don't meet for lunch from time to time. When I lived in Tomball, I had multiple friends. I could find someone to talk to or spend time with just about all the time. I still talk to a few of them from time to time. But I have not seen them in person in a pretty long time. My wife set up a facebook account for me so I can sort of keep in tune with the goings on of a few of them. Most of them are the youth (now adults) I used to mentor. Besides my wife gets on my facebook page and plays zoo, farm and cafe games. I am pretty sure my contacts on facebook think I am a true nerd. Then again they may feel that way anyway.

About a year ago I attempted to visit with my wife's youngest sister's husband. He lives nearby and from what I can see, he too does not have too many friends. Ok, he was my boss and try as he did to be open to a friendship, he could not allow his "boss" position be compromised. I asked him to meet me at local eatery (one I knew he liked) and that we could talk and have lunch. I insisted that I pay for it. When he showed up, he had his wife with him and he eventually paid for our meal. I even told him I really was looking for a friend. I guess he was not interested. What he wanted to chat about was mostly work related. It did not take long for me to realize our meeting was a waste of time.

We lived with one of the Mrs. The Third's brother. I have tried to enlist him as a friend. I admit he is nice enough but frankly his bi polar personality is very difficult to comprehend. My neighbor is nice enough except he is a primitive Baptist or COGIC "part time" minister. He is super friendly but I find little common ground between us. I am so afraid I would call him a heretic and then I could not even borrow tools from him. I gave him some Louisiana BBQ sauce for Christmas and he was appreciative but that is about it.
I have tried to be a friend to our landlord. He is a really nice guy but I think he seem too busy for me.
Yes I am trying to get a job. First of all it would get me off of the couch and bring a little more needed jingle in our bank account. I might find a friend or two as well.

I wrote an earlier blog about my search for six people to carry my casket from the the church. I guess my survivors could find someone for that task. But I have to admit I really need a friend.
Your Friend,
The Third

No comments:

Post a Comment