Monday, April 12, 2010

"A Hole in Your Soul Where the Wind Blows Through"



I have always liked music. It stirs my very being. I know it is "common" to say such a thing but I still say it. My music taste is pretty diverse. My moods obviously tend to be influenced by music. I find most forms of music enjoyable though some have little of my attention. "Ghetto Music" and "Middle Eastern Folk" are not real high on my list.


I spend some of my time collecting music via downloads and other means. I like to assemble music onto CDs and the memory card in my phone. If one were to shuffle the music from the music player on my phone (Droid) you may get a blues songs by Lee Bryan followed by a song by the Ting Tings then a diddy by the Greencards followed by a Tom Petty tune and then perhaps songs by Dale Watson, Bob Dylan or The Bodeans. If you try it a second time it may start with Princes of the Universe by Queen followed by I'll be Around by the Spinners and then perhaps Malignant Narcissism (Live) by Rush.

Of all of the places I have ever lived, I have spent more time setting outside enjoying my backyard. It is still infested with Bamboo and we have very little grass that is actually growing, (see picture) but our secret garden is still magnificent. It's potential is awesome. Several times each week, we set, talk, drink a few beers and listen to music from my phone ( 16 GB SD card) through a cheap but pretty good sound system. I set the player to randomly play tunes . Yesterday I wrote down the play list of the music played. It was while setting on the Party Patio that I confessed to my wife that my new favorite TV show was "Glee". She then stated "It is official, you are gay!"

Read the list (below) and see how many that you "know"

If I ever open a pub (along with my microbrewery) This would be the music playing in the background.


This Dirty Little Town by Kieren Kane and Emmylou Harris


Mary Jane's Last Dance (live) by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers


Things We Said Today by The Beatles


A Good Time Tonight by Kevin Fowler


Arkansas Blues by Hayes Carll


Texas Country by Chris Knight


One by U2 and Mary J . Blige


The Way You Look Tonight by Frank Sinatra


American Idoit (live) by Green Day


Copperhead Road (live) by Steve Earle


Mercury Blues (live) by David Lindley & Ry Cooder


Already Gone (live) by Eagles


I Don't Live Anymore (live) by Joe Bonamassa


Cortez the Killer (live) by Dave Matthews with Warren Haynes


Finger on the Trigger (live) Blue Edmonson Band


Public Domain by Jerry Jeff Walker


Sultan's of Swing (live) Dire Staits


Row of Dominos (live) by Joe Ely


Traveling Light by Robert Earl Keen, Jr.


December by Collective Soul


Sin Wagon by The Dixie Chicks


Jackson Station by The Band of Heathens


Can't See the Streets for My Tears by Coco Montoya


Rise by Eddie Vedder


House on the Hill by Seth James


Shattered by Of a Revolution (OAR)


Maureen by The Beat Farmers


Soap on a Rope by Chickenfoot


I'm Gonna Live Forever by Billy Joe Shaver


Stay with Me by Faces


Cold Grey Light of Dawn by Johnny Bush


Rollercoaster of Love by Red Hot Chili Peppers


Soy De San Louis by The Texas Tornados


Angry Eyes by Loggins and Messina


Victim of the Tomb by The Greencards


What is and What Should Be (live) by The Black Crowes with Jimmy Pages


The Wino and I Know by Jimmy Buffet


No One Loves Me and Neither Do You by Them Crooked Vultures


Bad Girlfriend by Theory of a Deadman


L.A. Woman by The Doors


Mississippi Queen (live) by Mountain


Pigs (live) by Roger Waters


Mustang Burn (live) by Jack Ingram


Black Magic Woman/Gypsy Queen (live) by Santana


Loan Me a Dime by Boz Skagg with Duane Allman


Nature's Way by Spirit


The Pretender by The Foo Fighters


Living in a Dream by The Arc Angels


South City Midnight Lady by The Doobie Brothers


Shanty Song by Jonathan Edwards


Dallas (live) The Flatlanders


Put the O Back in Country (live) by Shooter Jennings


Who's Gonna Build Your Wall by Tom Russell


Nights of Mystery (live) by Dan Baird


Hammer to Fall (live) by Queen


Forever Young by Bob Dylan


Crying, Waiting, Hoping by Marty Stewart and Steve Earle


The Last Laugh by Mark Knopfler and Van Morrison


Blaze of Glory by Bon Jovi


Who Knows by Walter Trout, Popa Chubby and Jimmy Thackery


My Seperate Reality by Gov't Mule


Jukebox Hero by Foriegner


Every Breath You Take by The Police


Watching the Wheels by John Lennon


Recovering The Satellites (live) by The Counting Crows


Sailin Shoes (live) Little Feat


Bears by Lyle Lovett


Highway Star (live) Deep Purple


Heroes by David Bowie


I Gotta a Feeling by The Blackeyed Peas



Till the next time........


The Third

No comments:

Post a Comment