Monday, February 15, 2010

Places



As I have stated in previous posts, my grandfather was called Dit by most of his siblings and family. One of my aunts (on my mother's side) used to say he should have been called Did. She made this claim since my grandfather had a tendency to brag about the things he had seen or done. (example "I did......") I must admit I have inherited this trait as well.

Since my blog seems to waffle a lot lately and because I am beginning to think that the current reality television phase will go the same way as TV westerns, detective shows, doctor shows and prime time game shows, I will begin to record some of the places I have been in my life.

It is not meant as bragging or boasting. It is simply a journal.

The picture shown here is a place I really never thought I would actually see. I passed under this arch about 1 am. It was 17 degrees and it was late April. It is a few hundred yards from Red's Blue Goose Saloon, an amazing pub.

National Parks that I have visited:

The Great Smoky Mountains (Tennessee & North Carolina)
Hot Springs (Arkansas)
Death Valley (California)
Yosemite (California)
Sequoia (California)
Redwood (California)
Mesa Verde (Colorado)
Black Canyon of the Gunnison (Colorado)
Grand Tetons (Wyoming)
Saguaro (Arizona)
Kings Canyon (California)
Joshua Tree (California)
Theodore Roosevelt (North Dakota)
Rocky Mountain (Colorado)
Petrified Forest (Arizona)
Everglades (Florida)
Carlsbad Caverns (New Mexico)
Yellowstone (note the above picture) Idaho, Montana & Wyoming)

Parks I have been very close to (less than 50 miles) but not actually visited:


Olympic
Mt Rainer
Crater Lake
Grand Canyon
Lassen Volcanic
Isle Royale
Big Bend
Guadalupe Mountains
North Cascades
Mammoth Cave

See America First

The Third

No comments:

Post a Comment