Sunday, March 29, 2009

You Do Not Buy Beer. You Only Rent It.








Ok, I have to admit that too much free time has led to a constant barrage of my ramblings. You, the readership will have to wait at least a week before I can add to the continuing saga. That may be a good thing. I at least warned you that I was going to be emptying out my "drafts" folder. So the last couple of blogs may seem unfocused or at least not so user friendly. It is about six hours before I leave with Uncle Roger for a 15 hour journey to the Rocky Mountain State.

I think I have made it pretty clear that I love Oregon and Oregon Beer. Portland is home to more microbreweries and tittie bars than any other U.S. city. It is also the suicide capitol of the U.S. Until recently Oregon was the micro brew capitol of the country, but, Colorado has now claimed that prize and I am going there. I am looking forward to trying some beers from Ska Brewery, TommyKnocker and Avery Brewing. I am gong to try and convince (possibly beg) my fellow Pub Crawler to take me to visit Flying Dog. That would be awesome. That brewery is actually based in Delaware but they have a Brew Pub in Denver. Of course I will bring some home as well as some from Odell's and "Forty Collins".

I think a few days away from the Vaio may be refreshing even if I do have to spend those days in the company of my fellow Power Loads. The last time I drove through Colorado, actually nearly a year ago, I wanted to stop by Trinidad Brewing in Trinidad Co.. I wanted to purchase a tee shirt there. I did stop, but it was not open at the time. Later that same day I visited the Left Hand Brewing Company in Longmont and had a few pints and purchased a $ 30 Batik tee shirt.


The Mrs The Third has placed me on a tight budget (being that I have not worked in so long). I pleaded with her asked if she wanted me to drink Premium Beer (didn't she). She said that if that was the case then I can eat cracker instead of real food.

So I sign off and look forward to a week of snow, good brew and bickering.

Love always,


The Third

1 comment:

  1. I'm Sullivan's best friend Brandi, and your blog is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete